What used to be tedious is now immensely complex

Washing clothes. Doing the dishes. Paying bills. Taking a shower. Vacuuming. Sweeping. Mopping. Changing a light bulb. Every single one of these mundane tasks used to be something I didn't necessarily look forward to, but rather something I did on a regular basis with a minimum amount of grumbling on my part.

Now, however, something as simple as taking out the trash or cleaning the litter box needs to be planned for - like a precise military operation. At dawn I will flank the trash can and hightail it out back to the alley. I will rendezvous back in the dining room at 06.30 whereupon updated baby reconnaissance information will be reviewed and assessed. Time for another mission? Affirmative. Dishes at 12 o'clock. Scrape, rinse, stack, sort, wash, return.

Having a baby really does change the way you see the world.

I wouldn't change it for the world.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: