Sonja vs. Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt

I hope that I am not the only parent sick and tired of celebrity kids. I happen to be a fan of Brad Pitt and think he is a fine actor (I have no opinion on Ms. Jolie), but the attention paid by the media to this couple's child makes me slightly ill. Not sure what it is that makes so nauseous.

I admit that I am not a big consumer of entertainment news. I don't read Variety. I don't watch E or Entertainment tonight. Personally, I like to separate my art from the artist. For example, I find Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson to be personally revolting, yet I enjoy some of their movies.

So, the fact that a child - even the child of a celeb - is considered fair fodder for the press to write about irks me to no end. Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt has done nothing worthy of publicity other than having famous parents. I am certain that Shiloh poops, pees, burps and eats just like Sonja. In fact I would go so far as to wager that my Sonja is a superior burper and would be willing to have them go neck in neck in a celeb baby vs non-celeb baby burp off.

Now that I have written this I just realized that perhaps my blog is nothing more than an attempt to put my child up as a sort of star. She is a star to me more important that a million Brads or Angelinas. Perhaps my acrid words are born out of envy, perhaps not.

No comments: