Shag on, brother herpe man.

There are a number of comments on various websites regarding the Valtrex commercials and I just wanted to make sure that I added my two cents. These commercials feature either an attractive young male or female doing various activities. Soft music plays in the background as the voiceover croons, "Living with genital herpes can be a hassle - but only if you let it." I looked over to my wife at this point and jokingly said , "Shag on, brother herpe man."

I, for one, am tired of being inundated by direct to consumer advertising for prescriptionn medications. I feel like I am in bizzarro world. If you have genital herpes or erectile dysfunction or arthritis or spotted tongue disease or bladder problems or bowel problems, I hope to high heaven that you are getting advice from your doctor regarding the medications you should be taking vs. going to your doctor and saying, "Hey, I saw this ad on the TV the other day and everybody was skipping through a field and looked so happy and they have genital herpes too! Please sign me up for what they are taking..." Don't misunderstand me - I think that information is power and that an informed consumer is a powerful consumer, but I also think that prescription medications are something that only a professionally-trained doctor should push. I don't want my health decisions influenced by glitzy advertising and sly marketing propaganda. Shag on, brother herpe man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Eric put you up to this posting? :)