Happy Valentines Day 2007


Happy Valentine's Day to everyone in the world. I wrote a rather pessimistic piece on Valentine's Day in 2006 (click here to review). I have, however, since modified my position.

It turns out that having a post about a holiday prior to the holiday is one hell of a good way to up the traffic coming to your blog. Within 2 weeks my daily hits went from 14 to 225 (and still going).

All of this traffic is for Google image searches for Valentine's hearts not for my stunningly depressing tirade on the holiday, but hey, I take 'em where I can get 'em.

The heartwarming portion of this story is where the hits are coming from. I have had people land on my site from Mongolia, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Israel all within the last 48 hours and all of them are looking for a cute little heart to attach to an email or webpage somewhere.

In a time when it seems the world is at war it's nice that love still has at least one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the bunny loves you.