Sonja Laughs & First Day of Daycare

Sonja laughed for the first time yesterday.

It was beautiful.

I was holding her in my hands and tipping her forward so her face would come near mine. As she approached I would open my mouth wide and she would copy that.

Her drool laden mouth would come barreling down on mine and then, at the last second I would turn my head just enough so that I could plant a big wet kiss on her right cheek.

She at first was just all talky but then on one of those kisses she gave a little squeal. I looked at her to make sure nothing was wrong and she had a big smile on her face.

So we tried again, and this time an unmistakable giggle.

I called for Jenn to come and watch she rushed in and again a wonderful high pitched squeal and giggle laugh with a huge smile.

Mom and Dad couldn't have been prouder.

I ran to get the video camera. As soon as I turned it on she stopped laughing... not big on the command performance.

Definitely her father's daughter!
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Today we dropped Sonja off at daycare for the first time.

It went well. She was well behaved for the most part and mom held together well.

I think our planning of slowing weening her into daycare is paying off.

Not to say that it has been easy we called there about 3 times today and wanted to call there about 15 more times.

No comments: