Change is tough

Change is tough, especially when your a baby. Sonja has decided that she doesn't much appreciate sleeping without the swaddle. She lets us know this every morning. Last night it was at 1:00 AM until about 2:30 AM. In the end she did fall back to sleep but it was tough for Mom and Dad.

I know we have been spoiled with months of uninterrupted sleep at night, but that doesn't make the loss of it any easier to bare. Not sure what I would do without my friend coffee. Large light roast from Caribou with a depth charge (a shot of espresso). My poor wife does not do coffee, so life is even tougher.

Five hours of bifurcated sleep make for interesting work days. Hours lull by like a dream and I can't remember what I've done or what I am doing. They haven't fired me yet so I must not have done anything too terribly wrong.

Back to work and life without sleep.

No comments: