Phobia Haikus

What is it with me and the phobia haikus? Not really sure actually. It started with Jenn and I writing little haikus back and forth to one another and then I realized that many phobias have 5 to 7 syllables. Perfect for haiku writing. I realize my technique may not be perfect. I really only base it on the 5-7-5 syllable rule and ignore any ancient and deep eastern mysticism, but something about that form feels right. I enjoy the compactness of meaning and the challenge in boiling down an idea to 3 bare lines. I am not a huge phobia sufferer, although I do consider myself agoraphobic and claustrophobic. My hope is to write a haiku for all phobias of less than 7 syllables. Oh boy are you readers lucky. I know that pictures of Sonja are the real reasons for the visits but one can dream...

No comments: