The empty plate



Behold! A picture of a plate. Taken by my lovely wife. Truly a masterpiece. I am serious. I saw this picture and I just had to stop. Something about it had that certain something that screams, "Hey! I am more than I appear! I am an empty symbol waiting to be filled with overwrought anlysis. I am a metaphor waiting to grow old. I am a picture taken by your wife so you could buy similar style paper plates on the way home." Okay, so really it's the last one but it does speak to me. Must be the circleness of it. The completeness. Perhaps it's the way the pattern is slightly asymetrical within a very balanced white circle surrounded by the lush dark wood rectangular frame.

It's late, and I am tired. Tonight, if I dream of this plate, I will awake happy and refreshed.

No comments: