Text is like video, but you sometimes have to scroll

Okay, enough with the video clips already. How about some good ol' fashioned words. I know I have gone on a bit of a tear with the video clips as of late, but it is the easiest way to show off baby.

I don't even know where to begin, the actual day was amazing. I had, at one point, actually thought of writing about how the day of delivery was like a microcosm of what the years ahead will bring. Moments of sheer terror and pain followed by waves of relaxation and pride, but once Sonja arrived none of that seemed apt anymore.

To be honest I have had so little sleep in the past two weeks everything has been a bit of a blur. Sort of odd menagerie of leaky boobs, poopy diapers, incredible screaming, and hour upon hours staring at my daughters face. She is still so young that it's just hard to know what she is thinking. Mostly I find myself staring at her and wondering, "What's going on in there? What will you be like in a few months? Few years? Will we raise you right? Will you be right or left handed? Will you like to shop or read (if your are kid it definitely wont be the shopping). Such a mix of awe and wonder. It really is amazing to stare into her little face and know that she is equal parts mom and dad and that this makes her unique. Really she is the ultimate expression of Jenn and mine's love for one another.

Not sure how I will be able to face next week going back to work with out being able to see her at will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you two and Sonja is beautiful! I cried as I watched your movies and saw the great pictures. I am so glad both momma and baby are doing well. It makes me anxious to have our little one in September. See you soon and lots of love.
Laura, Will & Skylar