Sonja update

Having been somewhat lax on picture updates I feel I owe something to the blog...I hope to have some more video clips up this weekend... as well as some more photos

It is true what everyone says about the sleepless nights. I feel a bit zombiefied but completely in love with our little peanut. She is so wonderful. We have already gone out to two different restaurants with her (Champps and Chipotle) and she was very well behaved. That is to say she didn't cry or poop on any of the servers. Good Girl Sonja.

In other firsts, her belly button fell-off last week and we were able to give her a genuine bath in the tub. She didn't seem to mind the water too much. A little squawking at first but then she seemed to groove on the water.

I am feeling a lit bit isolated from Sonja as I have now returned to work so I miss out on much of her day. Mommy has been very good about filling me in on the details, however, and it doesn't sound like I have missed too much so far. A screaming bout that went on for hours. Several multi-stage diaper changes, and some marathon feeding sessions that are wearing mommy down. This may sound odd, but I wish I could be there for all of it, even the tantrums and the diaper blow-outs. I don't want to miss any of it, but perhaps more importantly I want to be able to give Jenn a break. I think we are going to start pumping some milk soon so the bottle may be in the near future which should allow Daddy to feed Sonja at least once during the night.

Right now, Jenn is my hero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

zombiefied... good word... I can totally identify with this...