It’s just a matter of time

Any day now Jenn and I will be staring down at a new life, a new little person and that child will be totally dependent on us for many years to come. I can’t wait to meet baby and for baby to meet us, but I am also looking forward to seeing how we do as parents. Thankfully we have wonderful role models in our own parents.

A previous post highlighted some of the traits that I admire in my dad, so now I am going to focus on my mom.

I have been thinking about what I want to write about regarding my mom for several days and I realize that this is no easy task. It’s not that there is nothing to say about my mom, just the opposite is true, there is too much.

My mom is loving, kind, gentle and caring. She is funny, thoughtful, fun, and intelligent. She is everything one could every want in a mom.

I remember being little and being quite the little mommy’s boy as a child. I was the kid who, when confronted by a crowd or strangers, would immediately run over to Mom’s leg and grab hold. Mom has always been a rock in the storm that is sometimes life. Often my boat would stray far from the shores of home but Mom was always there, always waiting for me upon my return.

My mom raised me to see the good in people, to try hard to do the best I can, and to remember to laugh and smile a lot. To this day when I think of my mom I picture her smiling.

I am truly fortunate to have the parents that I do. They helped to make me who I am today and for that I will always be grateful.

And now life has come full circle and my wife and I are about to raise our own child. With my Mom and my Dad as role models for me I know that Sonja is already off to a great start.

No comments: