New CD Review - Sinead O'Connor

New CD review: I just received Sinead O'Connor's reggae albumn for Christmas. I heard a few clips during a positive review on NPR so I thought I would give it a try. This is my first Sinead album and I would not really consider myself a fan of her previous works, but I am a long time fan of reggae. So upon listening to this CD with a critical ear I was pleasantly surprised. She manages to imbue her own unique vocal style into an album full of reggae classics. The end result is a unique yet familiar sound. Sinead's voice manages to tie together Celtic and reggae sensibilities, leaving the listener with the impression that these styles belong together. Her whisperingly soft vocals on Curly Locks has stuck with me for several days now. Overall I give this CD a 15 on a scale of 2-40 with 12 being the highest and 27 being the lowest... Seriously, this CD is worth the money. Solid from beginning to end.

No comments: