35 and no life list

Today I turn 35. I was going to do a post about all of the things I haven't completed at this point in my life. But after about 10 seconds worth of thought. I really couldn't come up with anything.

It's not that I have accomplished everything I have set out to, but more that I have never really had clearly defined goals or ambitions.

Perhaps it's my generation X showing through or maybe my Aquarius sign that has let me float down the river of life with broad reaching goals of happiness and enjoyment, of learning and understanding. I have not realized these goals, but I do glimpse them on occasion and that is good enough for me.

My life is actually pretty darn good right now. I have a beautiful and loving wife with the biggest heart in the world. I have the most beautiful daughter I could ever possibly imagine. Our friends and families live nearby (for the most part) and everyone is in relatively good health. What more could I ask for?

So to celebrate the day of my birth I have had a large depth charge light roast coffee from caribou and a six pack of Krispy Kremes...mmm mmm good. Can you say Lipitor®

Now I am off to an 8 hour meeting on the wonders of fluoroplastics.

3 comments:

The D said...

How strange. I just did that getting-older blog thing today, without even realizing that you turned 35 today. Clearly you have a cheerier outlook than I do.

Happy birthday. May good luck be your friend and may positive outcomes be your close acquaintance in the coming year.

Anonymous said...

You have much of which to be proud, John. Your comments about Jenn and Sonja are so true and loving. You have a thoughtful, informed approach to life and balance the important with the fun whether it's golf, albeit infrequent skiing, and time with the computer games and friends, Even the piano! You still have 2/3 of life to live and find out whatever you choose. Love, GP

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORK!