Sonja meets Great Grandpa Jack and Mom returns to work

Sonja finally got to meet my dad's dad, Grandpa Jack. The drive down was good, but when we arrived we discovered that Sonja had surreptitiously managed to fill the her diapers, pants, shirt and car seat with poop. So after a quick outfit change and a car seat clean up we were ready to meet great-grandpa. Grandpa Jack showed up a few minutes later and we had a wonderful dinner consisting of upside down pizza, goulash, grapes, strawberries, Special-K bars, Snickers salad, milk, water and Mountain Dew. Sonja seemed to like Great Grandpa good enough and he seemed to approved of Sonja. I was glad that we went down and had a chance to visit with family.

Jenn returns to work tomorrow and is not looking forward to it. I can't blame her. Going back to work was hard for me, but Jenn has had 12 weeks to spend with the little peanut so I imagine it will be 6 times harder than my return was after 2 weeks. Tomorrow is going to be a day of tears to be sure.

Like many things I am discovering about being a parent. It is crucial to take it one day at a time... some days it's important just to take it one minute at a time. Tomorrow is going to be one of those days.

So to help Mom through her day tomorrow I am going to put together a list of 7 things I love about my wife and another list with 7 things that Sonja loves about her mom.

7 things I love about my wife

7. She has the biggest heart in the world
6. She never gives up - she is the eternal optimist
5. She loves physical humor
4. She let's me play golf even though I should be staying at home
3. Everything she does she gives her all
2. She is the most beautiful woman in the world
1. Her smile melts my heart

7 things Sonja loves about her mommy

7. She sings me beautiful songs
6. She reads me stories almost every night
5. She talks to me softly even when I am upset
4. She is constantly smiling at me - and I love her smile
3. She changes my diaper when it needs it
2. She dresses me up in the cutest little outfits
1. She feeds me yummy yummy milk

- I love you mommy (p.s. plumbs are dumb)

No comments: