Ultrasound

Nothing like coming home from a great vacation and getting some wonderful news... Jenn and I had our ultrasound on Friday and the big news is baby is healthy! The bigger news... We are having a girl! Yes, we are bucking generations of my family's tradition of the oldest boy's first born child being a boy. Which both Jenn and I think is wonderful. It's so hard to describe how I feel about the whole experience. Of course I feel wonderful, but more than that, it's exciting and dream like. The fact that we will have a daughter puts a smile on my face. She will be daddy's little girl (or more likely I will be girl's daddy and she will have me wrapped around her finger by the time she can walk.) Smitten might be a good way to describe how I feel. It's all really fantastic.

I have included one of the ultrasound images. Until recently I always found ultrasound images kind of spooky. I always thought they looked like some sort of Shroud of Turin thing. They always seemed to be the type of image that required the viewer to have a good imagination. Now, however, I just see my daughter and it makes me smile.

No comments: