Christmas and the Eternal (Internal) Cheese Log

Christmas was an overwhelming success (emphasis on overwhelming).

We started with a Christmas eve eve hor's douvers at Aunt Sherry's. It was very nice to have Sonja get to see everyone. Jenn and I both managed to eat our fill of pigs in a blanket, pigs in a blanket with cheese, pesto cheese melt things, summer sausage, crackers and cheese. Noticing a cheese theme here. We washed it all down with some sparkling beverage vs. the hot wassail (because I don't trust anything with a name like wassail ). We managed to vacate the premises by 8:00 and were home in time for Sonja to go to bed at 8:30 and for me to make my second batch of Special K bars for the Christmas Eve celebration the next afternoon.

Christmas Eve was spent at Pat and Doug's home. Everyone was there minus David and Steph (but we understand the lure of Missouri and how it's hard to leave). Sonja hung in there really well despite the massive amount of baby oggling and hugging that took place. Mike and Dana made a persuasive pitch for another visit to Utah (which we are mulling over) and Bryan and I had a brief tech talk interlude with Shawn. Ole, Erik and Johnny kept the cat entertained in the basement.

Christmas day was a bit of a blur for me. The previous night Sonja was getting up every other hour screaming at the top of her lungs. No, she wasn't trying to scare off Santa and his reindeer, rather, she had decided that she would catch a cold for Christmas and become her own mucus factory. So lots of boogers equal lots of congestion and coughing which equals mommy and daddy having to rock her back to sleep over and over because the vertical position drains all the slime out of her head vs the horizontal positioning of her crib.

We started Christmas off by heading over the Pat and Doug's for a light breakfast and a heap of presents for Sonja (Thank you very much Kirsten and Jim for being so generous!) We next headed over to my Grandmother house for celebration with my mom's side of the family. More food and more presents. Lots of fun though as Sonja got to stare at Alex, Brin and Ryan (the other baby/kids of the house). I can tell that she can't wait to get up and running so she can chase all her little friends around. I beat my dad in a 2 out of 3 game of ping-pong which always makes me feel good. I then proceeded to nearly burn the house down by trying to remove a dent from a ping-pong ball with a lighter, this was an e-wiki how-to I thought I would try (warning ping-pong balls are highly flammable). The evening ended with nice conversation and a tired drive back home.

Merry Christmas Everyone and a happy new year!

No comments: